Youth Activities Coordinator/Case Manager P/T
Location: San Francisco, CA
Lutheran Social Services of Northern California is a Non-Profit agency providing services in supportive housing and money management. Lutheran Social Services responds when people are vulnerable because of homelessness, mental illness, drug addiction or disaster. Providing support services and compassionate guidance, we help individuals and families to stabilize their lives and become self-sufficient
Bernal Gateway Apartments is a 54 unit permanent supportive housing program for families located in the Mission District of San Francisco. The program serves primarily low income families dealing with issues such as long term poverty and unemployment, immigration status, and family stability. The community includes school age children as well as Transition Age Youth. The services team is comprised of a full time Program Coordinator/Senior Case Manager and a Youth Activities Coordinator. The position is supervised by the Family Housing Services Program Manager. The team works together to ensure families are provided with necessary resources to ensure individual and family resilience and housing stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with Program Coordinator/Senior Case Manager to conduct age appropriate activities and events for school age children and youth. Design and implement programming for the on-site youth center serving school age children. Create and facilitate after-school activities for resident youth with emphasis on academics through tutorial time and create incentives for academic improvement
• Provide general counseling on youth-related issues and make referrals to onsite and other services as needed.
• Fulfill administrative responsibilities of the on-site youth center including daily attendance logs, monthly calendar of events, demographics and monthly reports, youth surveys, and supply inventory
• Work with Program Coordinator to support the weekly on-site Food Pantry program. Coordinate volunteers for this program.
• Observe client confidentiality & HIPAA protocols.
• Evening hours may be required to assist with community events -- usually 2 --4 times per month.
• Participate in regular trainings as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a major in a behavioral science.
• Minimum 2 years experience working with youth/children providing services to diverse populations.
• Experience working with and sensitivity to issues affecting low income families and individuals. Experience providing social services in a residential setting preferred.
• Experience working collaboratively with other agencies.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
The physical demands as described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to hold objects, read and write. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
Lutheran Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with diverse personal experiences are urged to apply, especially people of color, bi-lingual, English/Spanish speakers, LGBT individuals, women, and people living with disabilities. Relocation reimbursement is not available for this position. If an offer is extended, qualified candidates must provide proof of eligibility to reside and work within the US without sponsorship.