Case Manager-Mosaica Family Housing
Location: San Francisco, CA
LSS of Northern California is a Non-Profit agency providing services in supportive housing and money management. LSS responds when people are vulnerable because of homelessness, mental illness, drug addiction or disaster. Providing support services and compassionate guidance, we help individuals and families to stabilize their lives and become self-sufficient.
The Mosaica Apartments is a large permanent supportive housing program for families and seniors located in the Mission District of San Francisco. The program serves primarily low income families dealing with issues such as chronic poverty, unemployment,access to education, immigration status, and domestic violence as well as serving formally homeless seniors. The services team is comprised of a full time Program Coordinator and two full time bi-lingual Case Managers supervised by the Family Housing Programs Manager. The team works together to ensure the families and seniors are provided with necessary resources to ensure individual and family resilience and housing stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide case management, home visit, and/or social service coordination for residents including crisis intervention, and client advocacy; maintain client documentation and required compliance records.Develop individual service plans in conjunction with the client, program and community resources.
- Observe client confidentiality& HIPAA protocols.
- Maintain program's standard of documentation of case management services; keep accurate records,files, correspondence & statistics in both written form and via data entry.
- Maintain a strength-based perspective.
- Treat others with respect and courtesy, striving for open and honest working relationships.
- Maintain high ethical standards when dealing with others.
- Demonstrate good judgment and common sense.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytic skills.
- Prepare reports and presentations of information as required. Serve as liaison/advocate with outside social and health agencies. Provide current information and referrals regarding services and community resources to residents and staff through case management, residents’ meetings and programs, and staff meetings
- Work in collaboration with other on-site staff to facilitate community relations,provide guidance and conflict resolution meetings when needed.
- Participate and attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Work with Program Coordinator to conduct activities and events for the residents of Mosaica Apartments.- Evening hours may be required to assist with particular events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a major in a behavioral science. MSW or MA preferred.
- Minimum 2 years case management experience working with diverse populations.
- Ability to work with individuals and families from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds who have low incomes and a history of homelessness.
- Ability to work independently, make effective decisions and utilize supervision as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Experience working with and sensitivity to issues affecting people recovering from the trauma of
domestic violence, substance use, marginal housing/employment, and mental health concerns.
- Experience providing social services in a residential setting preferred.
- Experience working collaboratively with other agencies.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish/Cantonese) a plus.
The physical demands as described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to hold objects, read and write. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.
Relocation Reimbursement is not available for this position.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If an offer is extended,qualified candidates must provide proof of eligibility to reside and work within the United States without sponsorship.
No phone calls please.
Apply Now go to https://iras.essclientservices.com/default.aspx?content=cli_05370_ATSHome&sp=cli_05370_sp&clientid=05370&version=2