AB12 Case Manager
Location: Stockton, CA
Program Overview: Fostering Future Success (FFS) is a program for foster youth, ages 18-21 that provides intensive case management while allowing them to live independently in their own apartment. These youth often have multiple issues: they may have dropped out of high school, they have mental health and substance abuse issues, they have few, if any, independent living and job seeking skills. FFS provides intensive case management services designed to teach independent living skills, and assist the youth in reaching their education and employment goals.
About the Position: This is an exciting time to be part of LSS! We are experiencing dynamic program growth and expansion and are strong and fiscally solvent. We have built a great team in our youth programs and are looking for an individual to join this team as a Case Manager. A strong candidate will maintain a strength-based perspective while assisting youth in achieving their optimal levels of self-sufficiency and will have understanding of best practices in youth services. They will have a strong background in providing comprehensive integrated services to diverse people, and in maintaining high ethical standards when dealing with others. They must represent ideals that foster community change and build partnerships with community-based organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or a closely related field and experience working with youth.
• Demonstrated ability to work empathetically with people who are homeless or have a history of homelessness.
• Demonstrated experience in the areas of mental health, substance abuse, and domestic violence.
• Experience in accessing community based services.
• Knowledge and experience in working with diverse cultural populations.
• Excellent written and analytic skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and public speaking skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively represent LSS to the community.
• Ability to work independently, make good decisions and utilize supervision as needed.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and set priorities.
• Must have a valid CA Driver License, current registration and required insurance in accordance with California Vehicle Code requirements.
Lutheran Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
People with diverse personal experiences are urged to apply, especially people of color, bi-lingual, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals, women, and people living with HIV/AIDS. Relocation reimbursement is NOT available for this position. If an offer is extended, qualified candidates must provide proof of eligibility to reside and work within the United States without sponsorship